Saturday, April 5, 2008

What's in a name, anyway?

I have a list of names, all nicely entered into a spreadsheet, chronologically categorized by gender, virginity status and if I only was with them once. Counts have been taken and percentages have been calculated. I'm a numbers person; this is what I do for a living. But the list, to me, is really more about the names.

I've had my fair share of casual sex; living in a college town affords one this luxury with little to no effort. But alas, the range of age and similarly, experience, can often be quite limited in this environment. I've had my fair share of bad sex, mediocre sex, and just plain fucking for fucking's sake. Sometimes fucking is just what you need. But there are a few people on the list that reading their name recalls much more than a fleeting memory.

As I seem to have put my promiscuity on the shelf for a while, I think I shall use this blog to reminsce about the good, the bad, and the ugly in the bedroom (and elsewhere!) throughout my life. For a class in college, I wrote my autobiography in terms of sex and the role that sex is played in my life. However, because I had to read it to the class, and because it only had to be 20 pages, I left out most of the details. I think here would be a better place for these tales.

However, you'll have to wait for the first one...I was up much too late last night. ;)

2 comments:

Rogue said...

We will wait patiently, smirking to ourselves as we watch you ponder over Excel sheets.

S said...

I did ponder over spreadsheets, and realized that many of the people I've slept with over the years have similar first initials, so I made a new column and gave them all their own double initials, and then made something up if even those were the same. Look at me, I'm soooo organized.